Hosting Your Perfect Wedding in Ithaca, NYWhere else would you plan a romantic wedding in the green landscapes of Ithaca? Whether you decide on getting married in a warm cabin setting in the Winter or set against a backdrop of evergreen trees in the Summer, it's important to leave your guest with a memorable experience. From dealing with the weather to RSVPs, here's what it takes to be the perfect host to your picture-perfect wedding in Ithaca.
Tips on Being a Good Host
- Accommodate your guests - Do your guests have any commitments or conflicts that will rule out certain weekends? Naturally, the date you choose won't be perfect for everyone. At the very least, be sure that all of your immediate family and other important "VIPs" will be available to attend. Avoid scheduling your wedding on major holidays and also consider where your guests are traveling from.
- Consider the day of the week - Most weddings take place on a Saturday and incidentally, this causes the cost of a wedding to go up as it is a desirable time to get married. Depending on the venue, you may need to pay a premium to reserve a spot on a Saturday. Being flexible about the day of the week can make your wedding much cheaper than it would be otherwise.
- Finalize your guest list - Once you have an idea of when & where you want to have your wedding, confirm the number of attendees. With RSVPs, you will be able to get an idea of how many people are going to attend and this makes it easier to begin planning for catering and other rentals needed for the big day.
- Invest in personalized gifts - Try something new and make your gifts more interactive with your guests. Making them more personalized makes you known as someone who caters individually to your invitees. Going an extra mile to make your guests feel welcome and loved is a wonderful feeling to have on your big day.
- Decide on an indoor or outdoor location - Depending on the New York weather, choose whether to have an indoor or outdoor wedding. This could help in selecting the right wardrobe for the occasion! Plan ahead and call your venue to see if they have space and amenities to accommodate your needs.