Discover The Statler Hotel At Cornell University Tucked into Cornell University's vibrant campus, overlooking downtown Ithaca and Cayuga Lake, The Statler Hotel blends contemporary style with a grand tradition of hospitality. Established in 1950 as an experiment in hotel education, The Statler thrives as an innovative leader in hospitality. Students from Cornell's world-renowned School of Hotel Administration work under the guidance of hospitality professionals. They receive a real-life educational experience while delivering exceptional service. During your next university visit, business trip, or Cayuga Lake vacation, experience "A Little More, A Little Better Service" at The Statler Hotel in Ithaca, New York.
Educating A New Generation of Hospitality Leaders The showcase for Cornell University's world-renowned School of Hotel Administration, The Statler Hotel is more than just a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property. It is also the Ivy League's only "teaching hotel." Regarded as the gateway to the university, The Statler maintains a dedicated mission to educate the world's emerging hospitality leaders. At our upscale hotel, over 200 students work alongside seasoned professionals, honing their skills across all hotel and restaurant operations. These future leaders will apply what they have learned at the Statler to some of the finest hotels, restaurants, and resorts in the world. To learn more about The School of Hotel Administration and our role with experiential learning, click here For Educating A New Generation of Hospitality Leaders
Our Commitment to Sustainability At The Statler Hotel, we believe in sustainability on and around the Cornell campus. Working with the university's Campus Sustainability Office, the staff at the Statler is dedicated to preserving the Big Red campus and Planet Earth as places where generations can prosper. Through a host of Green initiatives, including recycling, composting, and water and energy conservation, we are able to offer superb hospitality while preserving the natural resources of upstate New York.
- Comprehensive recycling program, including cardboard, glass, tin, plastic containers, bulk metals and paper products of all kinds
- Linen reuse, by allowing guests the option of reusing bed linens and towels, we reduce energy, water, and detergent used in our laundry department
- Water conservation, including infra-red, motion-sensor, auto-water valves in all public restrooms and sinks
- Energy conservation, by employing timers and sensors for lighting fixtures in locations such as closets and mechanical rooms
- Food composting, over 600 gallons of food waste are sent to Farm Services every week
- Hazardous material disposal program, including cooking greases, fluorescent and mercury light bulbs, outdated chemicals, computer equipment, refrigerants, lead acid, and nickel cadmium, lithium oxide, and mercury batteries